STUDY IN UNITED KINGDOM
The United Kingdom has traditionally been one of the best countries to stay at and continues to grow even today.
- The international exposure and the opportunity to study and live with international students from 86 different countries helps you to develop your personality tremendously and the ability to work with multinational companies.
- A mix of cosmopolitan cities and rural villages, with strong transport links, exciting sporting events, and both historical structures and modern architecture.
- The quality of UK education is globally recognized by employers, universities, and governments.
- The UK has a tradition of excellence in the field of education built over the past few centuries.
- Numerous universities in the UK, which at par with the best in the world offer a vibrant, creative and challenging environment.
- The availability of world-class scientific equipment, state-of-the-art laboratories, and the excellent infrastructure and facilities, coupled with the highly knowledgeable and dedicated teaching faculty help you to be amongst the best in your field.
- The UK is known for its quality education & competitive entry requirements.
- Courses in the UK are generally shorter than many other countries, helping to reduce tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- China and India are forecast to remain the major source of outbound mobile students, contributing 855,000 and 376,000 of the global total of almost 3.9 million in 2024.
- The 2 years’ work permit available to Degree holders from the UK, upon completion of studies, and the opportunity to work with multinational companies helps you to launch into your careers successfully.
The Education System in the United Kingdom
In each country comprised in the UK, there are five levels of study, namely, early years, primary, secondary, Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE). FE is non-compulsory and covers non-advanced education which can be taken up at tertiary institutions or HE institutions.
A Graduate in the UK will usually take up to 3-4 years and lead to graduate level studies. Most universities offer sandwich programs; in which the student gets the chance to work in the industry for a year during the degree.
A Graduate may be followed by a Post Graduate. Mostly, it is for a duration of 1 year but, there are some universities that offer 2-year programs as well. It can be pursued after a 4 years Bachelors or a 3years Bachelors degree.
It is a degree ranking above the Post Graduate and generally requires 3-5 years to complete. Institutions also offer foundation degrees and diplomas
Applying for a Course or Institute
Major intakes for study in the UK are ‘winter intake’ i.e. January and ‘fall intake’ i.e. September.
English Language Requirements
All students must be fluent in the English language if they are to succeed at university in the UK. A band score of 6.0+ for undergraduate & 7.0+ for postgraduate courses is desirable.
Documents needed for applying for a study visa in the UK are: resume, statement of purpose, marksheets& certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts (If applicable), Certificates of extra-curricular activities, work experience certificates (If applicable), a copy of the student’s passport , and preferably reference letters from colleges & employers.
The tuition fees to study abroad in the UK vary from course to course and university to university. An undergraduate or Graduate can cost anywhere between GBP 5,000 and GBP 25, 000 approximately per year. The cost of studying for a Post Graduate Degree may be anywhere between GBP 15,000 and GBP 30,000. The estimated living cost or living expenses in the UK can be between GBP 5,000 to GBP 11,000 approximately per year.
|Bath Spa University|
|Bishop Grosseteste University|
|Navitas Pathway programs:‐|
|Birmingham City University|
|Robert Gordon University|
|University of Herefordshire|
|University of Northampton|
|University of Plymouth|
|University of Portsmouth|
|International Business College of Manchester|
|Middle Sex University|
|St. Mary University|
|Solent University (UG Pathway)|
|SMULIC ‐ St Mary’s University London International College (UG/PG Pathway)|
|The University of Law|
|University for the Creative Arts (UG/PG Pathway)|
|University of Roehampton (UG Pathway)|
|UWIC ‐ University of Worchester International College (UG/PG Pathway)|
|University of the West of England (UWE)|
|University of Plymouth|