STUDY IN IRELAND
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic.
- Ireland is a beautiful island, combining contemporary modern cities with unspoiled countryside, cityscapes steeped in history and rich natural habitat. The Republic of Ireland combines adventure, history, culture, and entertainment into one fascinating place.
- The Irish education system is one of the best in Europe. It has close links to industry and is characterized by creativity, flexibility, and pragmatism. Education has been a key factor in making Ireland one of the fastest growing economies in the world over the past decade.
- Ireland is an English speaking country, which is one of the top reasons to choose Ireland as a study destination. Students coming to Ireland, find it comfortable to cope up with the course and also with the place.
- Universities in Ireland encourage the innovative and creative study and work culture.
- Degrees from Irish universities are globally recognized and appreciated.
- The advantage of studying in Europe is that it’s relatively easy to get from one country to the next. Take advantage of this by taking a long weekend elsewhere in the UK, or traveling the rest of Europe after your time in Ireland study abroad adventure concludes.
- Ireland is also regarded as a safe country to study and live in.
- International job opportunities and work visa permits are easy to obtain for international students in Ireland.
- Many leading global companies are also based in Ireland.
- Ireland is slowly emerging as the technology hub of Europe, one of the reasons for students in the Science sector to choose Ireland.
The Education System in Ireland
At the post-secondary level, institutions are divided into community colleges and universities. A significant number of university graduates attend college upon completion of their degree in order to acquire vocational skills for employment.
A Graduate in Ireland will usually take up to 3-4years and lead to graduate level studies.
A Graduate may be followed by a Post Graduate. It is for duration of1-2 years and can be pursued after 4 years Bachelor’sdegree.
It is a qualification awarded on the basis of one or two years of successful study.
Advanced Diploma/Higher Diploma/Diploma/Certificates
These are of 1-2 years duration and can lead to a Graduate or Post Graduate depending on the level of study during the same.
It is a degree ranking above the Post Graduate and generally requires 3-5 years to complete.
Applying for a Course or Institute
Major intakes for study in Ireland are in September and some colleges and Universities also offer February intake.
English Language Requirements
All students must be fluent in the English language if they are to succeed at university in Ireland. A band score of 5.5+ for undergraduate &6.0+ for postgraduate courses is desirable.
Documents needed for applying for a study visa in Ireland are: resume, statement of purpose, marksheets& certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts (If applicable), Certificates of extra-curricular activities, work experience certificates (If applicable), a copy of the student’s passport , and preferably reference letters from colleges & employers.
The tuition fees to study abroad in Ireland vary from course to course and university to university. An undergraduate or Graduate can cost anywhere between 7000 Euros and 15,000 Euros approximately per year. The cost of studying a Diploma or Post-Graduate Diploma in Ireland may cost 5000 Euros to 10,000 Euros approximately per year, while the cost of studying for a Post Graduate Degree may be anywhere between 9,000 Euros and 20,000 Euros. The estimated living cost or living expenses in Ireland can be between7,000 Euros to 10,000 Euros approximately per year.
- Trinity College Dublin (TCD)
- Dublin City University (DCU)
- National University Ireland, Galway (NUI-Galway)
- University Limerick (UL)
- University College Cork (UCC)
- University College Dublin (UCD)
- National University Of Ireland, Maynooth
- Dublin Institute Of Technology (DIT)
- Galway-Mayo Institute Of Technology (GMIT)
- Waterford Institute Of Technology (WIT)
- Dundalk Institute Of Technology (DKIT)
- Institute of Technology, Carlow (Carlow)
- Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)
- Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT)
- Institute of Technology, Sligo (Sligo)
- Shannon College of Hotel Management
- HSI Limerick Business School
- Institute of business and technology (IBAT)
- Dublin Business School (DBS)
- Griffith College Dublin