STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
- Weather in Australia remains pleasant throughout the year, unlike some countries which have a freezing temperature in winters!
- Australia is a popular study destination for students looking for premium education at world-class universities
- 7 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- Cost of higher education in Australia is much lesser than countries like the UK, USA, etc.
- The Indian system of education (12+3) is well accredited for getting a master’s degree from Australia.
- Australian education is recognized and praised globally.
- Study Visa regulations for Australia is simple, straight forward and fair.
The government of Australia provides approximately 200 million Australian dollars annually towards International scholarships.
The Education system in Australia
A graduate will take three years, and a further year of study will lead to an Honors degree. Not every degree follows this 3+1 pattern; there are some four-year degrees (which may or may not be awarded Honors), and some specialist graduate which take longer to complete.
A graduate may be followed by a Post Graduate. A candidate who does not hold an Honors degree may be awarded a Post Graduatewith honors; such a degree usually involves two years study, compared to one year for a Post Graduate for a candidate who does have an Honors degree. A candidate who has either a Post Graduate or a bachelor’s degree with Honors may proceed to a doctoral degree.
Graduate/Advanced – Diploma/Certificate
A one-year full-time course of study for graduates. It does not always require its students to have prior learning or experience in the subject matter of the diploma.
A one-year full-time study, designed for graduates, which builds on the subject matter in the academic field of the previous degree.
Applying for a Course or Institute
The academic year in Australia varies between states and institutions, but generally runs from early March to late November, or mid-July to late June with seasonal holidays and breaks for each educational institution.
English Language Requirements
All students must be fluent in English language if they are to succeed at university in Australia. A band score of 5.5+ for undergraduate &6.0+ for postgraduate courses is desirable.
Documents needed for applying for a study visa in Australia are: resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets & certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts (If applicable), Certificates of extra-curricular activities, work experience certificates (If applicable), a copy of the student’s passport , and preferably reference letters from colleges & employers.
The tuition fees to study abroad in Australia vary from course to course and university to university. An undergraduate or Graduate can cost anywhere between A$ 15,000 and A$ 33, 000 approximately per year. The cost of studying a Diploma or Post-Graduate Diploma in Australia may cost A$ 10,000 to A$ 20,000 approximately per year, while the cost of studying for a Post Graduate Degree may be anywhere between A$ 20,000 and A$ 35,000. The estimated living cost or living expenses in Australia can be between A$15,000 to A$ 20,000 approximately per year.
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Deakin University, Melbourne
- Curtin University, Perth
- Navitas Group
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Southern Cross University
- Victoria University, Sydney Campus
- TAFE New South Wales
- James Cook University
- Swinburne University of Technology, Sydney Campus
- ATMC ( University Programmes )
- APIC College